Kids Stocking Stuffer and Gift Ideas
“The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” – Burton Hillis
We created 6 free printable gift coupons for a child’s stocking. These coupons include extended bedtime, kids pick for family game night, extra electronics time, a frozen treat, kids activity pick, and pick for dinner. These have no upfront costs and are an easy way to let your little one have some fun and call in their coupons thorough out the upcoming months. Use our free Stocking Stuffer Printables for Kids or make your own! Either way these will sure be a smash hit!
Make Reindeer Food. Everyone leaves a plate out for Santa, but we can’t forget about his beloved reindeer that pull him through the blistering cold to deliver presents to children all over the world. Here is a special recipe for some Delicious Reindeer Biscuits (Oatmeal Cookies) that will power them back to the North Pole.
¾ cup of Crisco or Vegetable Shortening
1 ½ Cup of firmly packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
1/3 cup of milk
½ teaspoon of baking soda
3 Cups of quick cook oats
1 cup of all purpose flour
½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon of salt
Optional “Reindeer Proteins”: Nuts (walnuts), dried cranberries, or raisins.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease baking sheets or lay down parchment paper.
- In a large bowl cream together shortening, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and milk. Mix on Medium speed until all ingredients are well blended.
- Combine in a separate bowl, baking soda, oats, flour, salt & cinnamon. Once blended, slowly add this to wet ingredients, mixing at a low speed.
- Fold in any optional Reindeer Proteins.
- Plop on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Over baking will cause them to lose their chewiness. Allow them to cool a few minutes then remove them from baking sheet to cool completely.
Leave those yummy Oatmeal Biscuits out for those Reindeer!